MONARK EQUIPMENT CORPORATION values your privacy. This Policy outlines how your Personal Data will be managed in accordance with the Data Privacy Act of 2012 (Republic Act No. 10173) and its Implementing Rules and Regulations.
Under RA 10173, MONARK EQUIPMENT CORPORATION is considered as a personal information controller.
“Personal Data” refers to any data or information about you from which you can be identified either (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we have or likely to have access.
Examples of such Personal Data include:
- Your name, gender, age, personal telephone number(s), mailing address, email address;
- Your personal details from any submitted proof of identification;
- Your employment & educational background;
- Your bank information & credit history; and,
- Any other information relating to you which you have provided us in any form(s) you may have submitted to us or in other forms of interaction with you.
Methods of Personal Data Collection
MONARK EQUIPMENT CORPORATION may collect your Personal Data through any of the following ways:
- when you wish to be part of our vendor pool;
- when you access our website or perform an online transaction;
- when you interact with any of our employees and/or third-party processors;
- when you submit an application to us;
- when you respond to our request for additional Personal Data;
- when you ask to be included in an email or mailing list;
- when you request that we contact you;
- when you participate and respond to our initiatives;
- when you engage our company/business unit(s) to provide you with products and services; and,
- when you submit your Personal Data to us in any form for any other reason.
Where Personal Data is submitted by you on behalf of another individual or concerns another individual other than yourself (or, in the case of situations where you, as a representative of your company or organization, are submitting the personal data of individuals as part of the disclosures by the company or organization to us), you represent and warrant to us that all necessary consents have been obtained from the relevant individuals and that you have retained proof of these consents, such proof to be provided to us upon our request.
Personal Data Collection Purposes
Personal Data is collected for purposes which you have consented to and for which we have been authorized. If we need to use your Personal Data for any purpose which you have not previously consented to, we shall seek your consent prior to using your Personal Data for the new purpose.
The Personal Data gathered arising from your business or transactional relationship with MONARK EQUIPMENT CORPORATION are for any of the following purposes:
- To conduct due diligence / background checks /profiling in compliance with MONARK EQUIPMENT CORPORATION’s policies and global best practices;
- To facilitate delivery of products and services from requests for quotations to product support services, including customer satisfaction surveys;
- To validate any information and authority of any signing representatives or contact persons of entities doing business or has transactional relationship or undertaking with MONARK EQUIPMENT CORPORATION;
- To validate any information resulting from any of our initiatives in order to improve quality of products and services, including customer experience; and,
- For such other legitimate purposes necessary to comply with any executed agreements or proposed contracts for products and services.
Personal Data Disclosure and/or Transfer
In addition, we disclose Personal Data in the following circumstances:
- When we are required to do so by law;
- In response to a request from law enforcement authorities or other government officials;
- In order to comply with a court order or direction from a government agency or regulatory authority ordering the disclosure of the Personal Data; and,
- In any other analogous or similar circumstances.
Personal Data Protection and Security
MONARK EQUIPMENT CORPORATION requires that the parties to whom the Personal Data is transferred to must implement adequate or substantial levels of Personal Data Protection. We also require that these parties only process Personal Data strictly for purposes for which we engage them for and for the purposes that we have described or with other purposes for which consent has been sought and obtained.
Personal Data Retention
Withdrawal of Consent
Please note that if you withdraw your consent to any or all use or disclosure of your Personal Data, depending on the nature of your request, we may not be in a position to continue any business or transactional relationship with you. Such withdrawal may also result in the termination of any agreement, requests for products or services which you may have with us. MONARK EQUIPMENT CORPORATION’s legal rights and remedies are expressly reserved in such event.
Access and Correction of your Personal Data
You may request access to or make corrections to your Personal Data records. MONARK EQUIPMENT CORPORATION and/or its third-party provider(s), if any, will bear the costs of updating your personal information. Please submit your request to our Data Protection Officer via email for us to proceed.
If you have any questions or comments about this Policy, you may contact MONARK EQUIPMENT CORPORATION by sending an email addressed to:
DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
Monark Equipment Corporation
13 Economia St., Bagumbayan, Quezon City
Metro Manila 1110, Philippines